DJI Care Refresh is a service plan that covers accidental damage to DJI drones. It's valid for up to 12 months from the activation date and will cover up to two drone replacements (after paying a small fee). When you request a replacement, you'll need to send your drone to DJI and they will send you a new or refurbished drone in its place.
The DJI Warranty only covers damage caused by product defects (things out of your control). With the addition of a DJI Care Refresh policy, you will also be covered if you accidentally damage your drone (the most common type of damage). A DJI Care Refresh policy will greatly reduce the costs you need to pay out of your own pocket due to accidental damage.
A DJI Care Refresh policy can be purchased for the following DJI drones:
DJI offers a similar replacement policy called DJI Care for older DJI drones. A DJI Care policy can be purchased for the following DJI drones:
DJI Care Refresh covers the following parts of the drone:
Here are some of the common things not covered by DJI Care Refresh:
Follow these steps to replace your drone through your DJI Care Refresh policy:
1) Submit a repair request from the Online Repair Request page to explain why you're requesting a replacement.
2) DJI will email you a free shipping label so you can ship the requested items to them.
3) DJI will send you an email as your drone goes through each step of the replacement process. You can also check the repair progress on the Repair Progress page.
If you buy your drone directly from the DJI Store, you'll see the option to add DJI Care Refresh during the checkout process. When purchased together with your drone, DJI will automatically activate your DJI Care Refresh policy two days after your drone has been shipped.
You can purchase DJI Care Refresh from the DJI Store, here on Amazon, or from other authorized DJI dealers. After receiving your DJI Care Refresh activation code, you can bind it to your drone by entering the activation code on the DJI Care Activation page.
After activating your drone in DJI GO, you'll have 48 hours to buy and/or activate your DJI Care Refresh policy. After 48 hours, you'll need to submit a video to DJI to show your drone is in working order before DJI will allow you to buy a DJI Care Refresh policy and/or bind DJI Care Refresh to your drone.
Follow these steps to buy DJI Care Refresh after 48 hours:
1) Create a video like this to show your drone is in working order (or follow these steps). It'll be easiest to record this video if someone else is able to operate the camera while you go through the required steps. If you must record the video yourself, set your camera/phone on a tripod so you're able to keep it steady and pointed in the required direction while you're performing any steps where you're not able to hold the camera.
2) Create an account at You Tube and upload your video. It's okay to upload it as a private video.
3) Go here, tick the “I have read the DJI instructions…” box, click the “Submit” button, and complete the form to submit your video to DJI.
4) Wait for DJI to email you with the results of your video verification.
DJI Care Refresh expires after one year or after two replacements have been requested. Up until the point where your DJI Care Refresh policy expires, you can extend it for another year by purchasing DJI Care Refresh +. With the purchase of DJI Care Refresh +, you can extend the DJI Warranty for one more year and add one more replacement to your DJI Care Refresh policy.
You can buy DJI Care Refresh for a used drone as long as a DJI Care Refresh policy has not been purchased for that drone in the past. And if the previous owner purchased a DJI Care Refresh policy, you'll be able to use the remainder of the policy (if it hasn't already expired).